The Executive Director shares the values and vision of Because You Care by possessing a profound commitment to improving the lives of cats and dogs through a compassionate and positive model of fostering and adoption and by working with the Board of Directors and the BYC community on strategies and initiatives that improve that model of fostering and adoption. Providing visionary leadership, fundraising knowledge, strategic planning, and policy development for Because You Care, the Executive Director is also responsible for the overall management and evaluation of its programs, services, personnel, policies, procedures, and budget. The Executive Director represents Because You Care in a positive manner with a high degree of integrity and compassion. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Principle duties include, but are not limited to:
- Engage, energize, and develop additional key constituencies in fulfilling the organization’s mission.
- Establish and strengthen a positive image of the organization in the public.
- Ensure sound fiscal management of the organization.
- Hire, train, and evaluate all staff that directly report to the Executive Director.
- Ensure staff’s comprehension of and compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure the organization’s full regulatory compliance.
- Prepare the annual operating budget for the board’s approval.
- Prepare periodic budget updates to the board and identify any need for budget modifications.
- Advise the board of future funding needs and opportunities and make proposals to the board on strategies to address them.
- Ensure that all veterinary care is conducted in accordance with accepted standards of practice and approved medical guidelines.
If you feel you would be a good candidate who shares these values and has the vision to perform these duties, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com