Employment Opportunity: Dog Manager/Adoption Counselor
Because You Care is a dog and cat adoption center that strives to offer the highest standard of care to the rescued animals in our facility and the highest level of customer service for the potential adoptive families. We are looking for an experienced, self motivated Dog Care Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will have a love for dogs and share our commitment to delivering exceptional service to both our canine and human clients. We are looking for a candidate who has the skills and knowledge of dog handling, canine behavior assessment and modification, and dog training.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Initial intake of dogs from foster homes
- Initial behavior evaluation of dogs
- Dog handling
- Assess and implement behavior modification strategies when needed
- Kennel prep
- Learn and utilize our shelter management software; enter dogs and prescreen adoption applications
- Assist in the adoption process with special needs dogs
- Conduct meet-and-greets between dogs
- Pair dogs for play time and develop play schedules
- Implement enrichment strategies and schedules
- Monitor feeding of dogs and adjust diets for the needs of the dog
- When in office, answer the phones and greet prospective adopters/ provide top-quality customer service at all times
- Evaluate adoption returns and enter into them our shelter management software
The successfull candidate will demonstrate:
- Dog handling skills
- Dog training skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with computers.
Job Type: Part time; 20 hours/week
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
To keep our staff, volunteers, and clients safe, we require masks and social distancing. We are also working through appointments only.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.